Once upon a time in a medical era hundreds of years ago, and even in many places today, the thought that our GENES determined our lives was prevalent. It was called “genetic primacy”. In other words, genetic fatalism. If you happened to fall into the wrong “gene pool”, you would drown.
Some won the genetic lottery pool just showing up.
Know what I mean? Some just came with “silver spoon” attached.
In 1953 we discovered this thing called DNA which led to the Human Genome Project that as concluded in 2003. It was determined that 3% of our genes were GOOD. In other words, only 3% of our genes were about doing their job of CODING. The other 97% were just there, later to be called JUNK GENES!
Hey, the Creator of the universe didn’t create any JUNK.
Along comes Bruce Lipton in the late 90′s and discovers conclusively (can you say scientifically?) that genes could be altered by our environment, by how we think, and what we eat. His concept was called epi-genetics, and still is.
Don’t worry about decades of Big Macs, you’re an over comer!
Better yet, we’re now being told by a plethora of scientists (yes, those empirical dudes) that our lives are not just PHYSICAL, but SPIRITUAL as well. You don’t say! In other words, we can team up with all of Creation and change our life. It’s called transformation. There’s just one little problem.
You’ll have to give prominence to the RHEMA words and sounds that you’ve been taught and not just embrace the various dogmas and doctrines from thousands of years ago. But, don’t go too far off the reservation. You’re allowed a three mile leash, but no more. Sometimes the wrong religious doctrine can be fatal to more than your genes.